Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Assignment #6

I chose to do my research paper on the portrayal of science in the fictional novel "Einstein's Dreams".  I found many different sources of research, including two print books.  I made good use of my Laguardia student ID card to access the library and its resources.  This is where I recovered to print sources, "The Universe and Dr. Einstein" and "Time and the Physical World".  "The Universe and Dr. Einstein" written by Lincoln Barnett was published way back in 1948.  The book discusses famed nobel prize winning scientist Albert Einstein and his theories.  Barnett explains Einstein and his theory of relativity, his research on the ruling factors of the universe, and what led him to his theories.   This is all written clearly, yet intellectually.  This book gave me a better understanding of Einstein's theories which helped me relate them to the novel "Einstein's Dreams".  My second source from the laguardia library is "Time and the Physical World" written by  Richard Schlegel.  This book notes relativity, space, time, and gravity.  Albert Einstein's theories are explored, with the main focus on relativity.  For my research paper, I used Schlegel's book to relate the to the scientific laws to the fiction in "Einstein's Dreams" and to explain the concept of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment